[Hampshire] Clarkconnect & Cups Print Server

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Clarkconnect & Cups Print Server
Hi Everyone.

Ive got a firewall running clarkconnect. I used to run an Epson on the
box via parallel port and configured under cups. Id connect to this
printer via the address of http://192.168.0.1:168/printers/epson
Ive now upgraded to an HP deskjet 940c, and have tried connecting this
printer via USB. The CC box see's the printer and I can set up the
printer under Cups. Cups sees the printer connected to the usb.

Thats the easy part.

I now cant print to the usb hp printer from either Ubuntu 7.10 or
windows XP.

Would I have to connect to a USB printer differently to a parallel
printer ? IE in the sense that the IP address would be different ?

Thanks
Phillip