Re: [Hampshire] Linuxstamp boards

Author: Stuart Matheson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linuxstamp boards
Hey Bob,

Thanks for pointing out those other options. Some of them do seem to offer a
lot more in the way of power/connectivity. The primary reason why I'm
looking at these is to give my employer some options for embedded systems.
Currently they are only looking at VxWorks which is quite expensive. Plus
I'd also like to use linux at work!

Our current hardware connects to a PCI card or USB device, although the USB
device does not have all the functionality of the PCI card. I guess that
CM-X270 variants would probably suit us best. The main thing is that the CPU
must be fanless and there needs to be some storage onboard for logs and a
small DB (512MB would be plenty).

On the home front I though that the linuxstamp machine would be easy to play
with as power requirements are low and a serial port is not required (I only
have a laptop). The other thing is that it is very cheap!

I'll have to look a bit more thoroughly before I lay down some dosh.

Cheers,

Stuart.