Re: [Hampshire] Thread-local storage:anyone got anypointers?

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Thread-local storage:anyone got anypointers?
On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 14:38:31 +0100 (+0100), Vic wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I've got some breakage in a chroot I'm using; I've got an array defined as :
>
> static __pthread unsigned short foo[3];
>
> When I try to memcpy to it, I get a segfault.

Since you mention TLS, is this on a real box, or a VM? In particular
a Xen VM? People used to remove /lib/tls on those boxes (since if you
tried to use the libraries in /lib/tls it would run _much_ slower).

On Debian you can install libc6-xen instead these days.

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux - the maintainable distribution -*- www.debian.org