[Hampshire] [robert@softwarefreedomday.org: [SFD-discuss] So…

Author: Alan Pope
To: ubuntu-uk, hampshire, surrey
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] [robert@softwarefreedomday.org: [SFD-discuss] Software Freedom Day: supplies registration extended until Saturday!]
FYI if you're thinking of registering a team for Software Freedom Day - see
below..

Cheers,
Al.

----- Forwarded message from Robert Schumann <robert@???> -----

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:24:27 +0100
From: Robert Schumann <robert@???>
To: Open discussions about SFD <sfd-discuss@???>,
    SFD announcements <sfd-announce@???>
Subject: [SFD-discuss] Software Freedom Day: supplies registration extended
    until Saturday!

Hi software freedom enthusiasts,

Due to a rush of late registrations, and a bit of extra schwag* that we
got hold of, registration to receive supplies for Software Freedom Day has
been extended until 23:59 UTC on Saturday 19 July.

That means that teams that if your team is registered before that time,
you'll be getting T-shirts, balloons, stickers, CDs and a few other
goodies to spice up your Software Freedom Day celebration. You can
register a team by visiting
[1]http://cgi.softwarefreedomday.org/register.html and filling in the
registration form. You'll need to read the instructions at
[2]http://softwarefreedomday.org/StartGuide, and you'll also need to
create a wikipage on our site for your team.

Please go and check out the map of registered teams
([3]http://cgi.softwarefreedomday.org/map.shtml) - see if you can fill in
the blanks on the map by forwarding this email to friends, colleagues,
fellow software freedom enthusiasts and community mailing lists in those
countries!

This deadline extension is only available while our schwag stocks last -
if we run out, you're still welcome to register your team to be part of
SFD but you won't be offered team supplies. Sorry, it's not our fault:
shipping supplies to almost 100 countries requires us to set a firm
shipping deadline.

And for those who haven't participated in SFD before:
Software Freedom Day is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source
Software (FOSS), taking place this year on Saturday 20 September 2008. Our
goal in this celebration is to educate the worldwide public about of the
benefits of using high quality FOSS in education, in government, at home,
and in business -- in short, everywhere! The non-profit company Software
Freedom International coordinates SFD at a global level, providing
support, giveaways and a point of collaboration, but volunteer teams
around the world organize the local SFD events to impact their own
communities.

Good luck with preparations for your SFD!

Robert
Board member, Software Freedom International

* Schwag (for those unfamilar with the term) is "team supplies", like
stickers, balloons and badges!