[Hampshire] [Advert] Epia Mini-ITX VIA C3 800MHz + 768MB PC1…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [Advert] Epia Mini-ITX VIA C3 800MHz + 768MB PC133 RAM for sale
Epia Mini-ITX VIA C3 800MHz + 768MB RAM (512MB + 256MB PC133 tested
error-free), excellent condition, boxed, instructions, driver CD,
backplate and IDE cable. Price: £60 if the buyer collects, £65 inc. P&P.

Currently running Xubuntu Gutsy (everything discovered and working as
far as I know) and also known good with Win XP if that's your thing.
Ideally suited to being a home server or a low-power desktop machine.
All you need to get up and running is a case and a hard drive*, as sound
and graphics are on-board.

The full specification, photographs and a review are available here:

    http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/r_via_eden/

The "What's in the box?" photo sums up what will be in the box nicely.
One thing that differs is that I replaced the stock fan with one from
Quiet PC as the old one sounded a little rough. Apparently fanless
running is a possibility but that was a mod too far for me given that it
currently lives in a cupboard under the stairs!

Reason for sale? Getting a newer model!

Please let me know off-list if you are interested.

Sean

* you may want/need to hook up an optical drive too - I don't bother
beyond the install as mine runs as low-power home server.