[Hampshire] Installing Wisecom wireless PCMCIA card using nd…

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Installing Wisecom wireless PCMCIA card using ndiswrapper
I have downloaded the driver and now have a couple of questions, before I burn
a CD.

1) The driver has arrived as a zip file. Should I transfer as is and let
ndiswrapper unzip it, or should I unzip it before I burn it to CD?

2) There are directories for Win98, WinME 2000 (sic) and WinXP. Which should
I use? Or will ndiswrapper chose for itself?

I am currently using an install of PCLinuxOS, but that is not necessarily
essential, and getting Japanese input and Wireless networking are. So I
shall change distro if that looks like being helpful. (I have already tried
to change to (K)Ubuntu Hardy - but thereby hangs another story. :-( )

TIA
Lisi