Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux

Author: Simon Capstick
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux
jack wrote:
>>> BTW can you run 3 types of internet explorer via this installer?
>>> It seems to imply it in the installer. Dont think you can run 3 versions
>>> of IE in windows.
>> You can run 3 types using this installer, but you need to go to "advanced"
>> during setup to pick IE7 as it isn't 100% yet. It will download and
>> install everything you need and just give you various shortcuts.
>>
>> I think you can install more than one on Windows a quick google shows a
>> few sites showing you how.
>

> of course, you would never do this without already having a Windows license
> for the box.
>
> jack

An alternative to IE on Linux would be Konqueror with its 'browser
identification' feature. It allows you to set up a fake browser
identification for specific websites. I use it for my banking website
with success. There must be a Firefox extension somewhere that does the
same. Of course this is no good of the site in question is using IE
specific features.

Simon