Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Dismantling DVD players

Author: Brian Chivers
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Dismantling DVD players
Lisi wrote:
> Can I, to get at a DVD which does not belong to me and is stuck inside a
> defunct DVD player, reasonably dismantle the player? (Safely. ;-) ) I have
> looked for the equivalent of the paper-clip hole in CD/DVD drives on a
> computer, but can see no sign of any such thing.
>
> TIA
> Lisi

If you open the drive look at the lower front left hand side and you
might see a white plastic piece that is curves in, try pushing it with a
small screwdriver and see if this ejects the draw. It's the piece you
actuallt push in when you push a paper clip in on a CD / DVD drive.

I noticed this whilst replacing the DVD drive on my LiteOn DVD / HDD
recorder, it was very handy when the mechanism stuck on the casing :-)

Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College