Re: [Hampshire] [OT] APC Smart-UPS 1500 problems

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] APC Smart-UPS 1500 problems
James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know it is off topic, but I can hope....
>
> I friend of mine has an old UPS.
> The problem is that none of the lights on the front of the UPS are lit
> and trying to switch on the unit does not light them.
> Does anyone have experience with fixing these UPS things? What might
> the problem be?
> He has checked the fuses already.

My guess would be that the battery is no good or even has been
disconnected or removed. They are basically a battery with some
electronics. The APC units are usually regarded as high quality stuff.

Their website is worth looking at I think they have user handbooks for
download.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391