Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux
m.nuttall@??? wrote:
> Its alot more likely that IE will work with the website.
>
> I do use opera when on windows as it goes.
>
> Martin N

Much as I like Opera, it is even less likely to succeed than Firefox in
my experience.

My order of preference was:
(1) Opera
(2) Firefox
(3) IE

However, these days I tend to default to Firefox because it is so good
and so prevalent. I keep Opera installed because I find it useful
occasionally and because I have a soft spot for it, but have to admit
that if it came down to an either/or choice I would have to go with Firefox.

It's a shame that the excellent 'IE Tab' Firefox plugin is not available
for Linux - I use hat all the time for broken sites at work. One click
allows you to toggle between Firefox and IE, and there is also the
ability to automatically view a site in IE-mode every time you visit it.

Sean