Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux

Author: David Rozzell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux
On Tuesday 24 June 2008, m.nuttall@??? wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I unfortunately need to use internet explorer to buy my wanderers season
> ticket through their website. I have tried every year to use firefox but
> with no success.
>
> I have a distant memory that internet explorer has been installed/ran on
> linux before and so thought it owuld be a good time to try and get it
> installed.
>
> Has anyone else tried this before?
> Is it reasonably easy for a novice to get going?
>
> Thought i would ask for peoples experience before i start tearing my hair
> out trying.
>
> thanks
>
> Martin N

Hi Martin

I have IEs 4 Linux installed on Opensuse here for testing webpages, was easy
to install & you shouldn't have a problem, there are instructions and
download here [1]

Good luck HTH

David

[1] http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Installation
--
FLOSS - Not just for your teeth - Free Linux Open Source Software