Re: [Hampshire] A good article about open source in educatio…

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] A good article about open source in education

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57b27100.hantslug.org.uk.24510': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jun 22 14:57:35 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 17:50 +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:
> I still maintain, although cannot prove, that the performance
> improvement of software released for, say, the ZX Spectrum over its
> lifetime, with no hardware changes, outstrips that of Windows over the
> same period of time [1] with the leaps in computing power that
> transformed the PC.
>
> [1] That's not the exact same dates, but the equivalent length of time,
> before anyone picks me up on it :)

Oh I don't know, I suspect there's plenty of evidence for that kind of
thing. Take any home game console. The SNES for example had some real
ropey games at the start, but towards the end of its life there were
some real belters which looked like "next gen" titles.

Cheers,
Al.