[Hampshire] Problem with Ubuntu Hardy updates

Author: David Purse
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Problem with Ubuntu Hardy updates
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Ubuntu Hardy's updates. Whenever I try to
perform an update most of the sources connect, with the exception of a
few. It tries to connect for a few minutes then returns the following
message:

"W: Failed to fetch
http://packages.freecontrib.org/ubuntu/plf/dists/dapper/Release.gpg
Could not connect to packages.freecontrib.org:80 (34.52.53.34),
connection timed out

W: Failed to fetch
http://packages.freecontrib.org/ubuntu/plf/dists/dapper/free/i18n/Translation-en_GB.bz2
Unable to connect to packages.freecontrib.org http:

W: Failed to fetch
http://packages.freecontrib.org/ubuntu/plf/dists/dapper/non-free/i18n/Translation-en_GB.bz2

http://packages.freecontrib.org/ubuntu/freecontrib/dists/dapper/Release.gpg

http://packages.freecontrib.org/ubuntu/freecontrib/dists/dapper/free/i18n/Translation-en_GB.bz2
Unable to connect to packages.freecontrib.org http:

W: Failed to fetch
http://packages.freecontrib.org/ubuntu/freecontrib/dists/dapper/non-free/i18n/Translation-en_GB.bz2
Unable to connect to packages.freecontrib.org http:

W: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead."

Not quite sure what I can do to change this situation. I've been to
the Software Sources application and changed the download source from
the UK server to the Main Server with but no joy.

I'm fairly new fairly new to Linux, and used PCLinuxOS for about a
year before moving to Ubuntu a few months ago on all my machines, so
it could be something really obvious I'm missing!

Many thanks
David Purse