Re: [Hampshire] Touchpad stopped working - Ubuntu 8.04

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Touchpad stopped working - Ubuntu 8.04
AdamC wrote:
> As title says really, touchpad has stopped working completely, using
> Gnome on my Novatech laptop.
>
> I've not changed anything major recently. My xorg.conf can be seen at
> http://www.monkeez.org/linux/x11/xorg.conf
>
> Any tips of where I should look to diagnose?

it might be useful to know if the touchpad works from a (ubuntu
8.04?) live cd. It would be one way of verifying the hardware -
connections, joints etc.

The novatech forum is worth using occasionally because of possible
hardware type knowledge, there are some ubuntu users there.

I have not understood much about the latest offerings of xorg.conf in
8.04 - it uses a minimalist approach with the recent Xorg version (3.7?)

If the touch pad works with live cd, at least compare the xorg.conf in
the live system with the non working one?
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391