Re: [Hampshire] Resurrecting a dead PC

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Resurrecting a dead PC
Thanks everyone. I have already had a poke about with the connections. I
didn't go as far as blasting with compressed air or cleaning the terminals,
but I did remove and replace many of them. There are no expansion boards
fitted so they can be ruled out. I would have thought that the fans would
have started if any component other than the MB were faulty, with the
possible exception of the CPU or PSU. Unfortunately I am in the middle of
packing so I will not be able to lavish attention on the problem just yet …
unless it is a quick fix. The problem is that this is the kids PC which they
need for job hunting and college work, and I don't want them using my PC
while I am away!!!

There must be a rule somewhere that says if something is going to go wrong
it will always happen at the worst possible time.!! :(