Re: [Hampshire] H/W Dell Vostro laptop range

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] H/W Dell Vostro laptop range
Jim Kissel wrote:
> The prices seem to be quite good. Any experiences with these laptops
> good/bad/indifferent?

I don't think I would go there, they look cheap as well as being cheap and
from Dell that could mean a shortened lifespan, difficult to get repaired
after three years, very unpredictable hardware specifications. I'd rather
fork out a bit more and buy a higher spec Dell model or a
known-to-be-Linux-compatible Sub-notebook of which there are more around
these days.

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk

This email is guaranteed to be in perfect context, free of classic
spelling mistakes/otherwise, foax pas, double entendre, fat fingers,
accidental spite/malice, grudge, cold shoulder, over/under-friendliness,
overt advertising, carbon copies to those that won't help you, personal
gain ,ancient email servers/clients, references to famous people and
phobias.

ClearHeadedScanners (R) DoubleSpeak Corp. PO BOX 034 /dev/the_common