[For Sale] low power mini-itx machine (was: Re: [Hampshire] …

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: hampshire
Subject: [For Sale] low power mini-itx machine (was: Re: [Hampshire] Worthwhile screensaver)
Damian Brasher wrote:
> Paul Tansom wrote:
>

>> trying to be) looking into low power computing :)
>>

> You may have seen this, I'm very happy with my low power VIA CPU and
> MiniITX case.

If anyone is after a nice, compact, low-power machine to use as a
headless server then this might be the very thing you are after!

http://www.funkygibbins.me.uk/images/mini-itx_open_sml.jpg
http://www.funkygibbins.me.uk/images/mini-itx_diag_sml.jpg

Essentially it is:
- Cubid case (was beige - resprayed white by me)
- Morex silent PSU
- Epia 5000 motherboard (500MHz Via CPU)
- 2 x 512Mb Kingston low-profile PC-133 RAM (bought from new and tested
error free)
- PCI riser adapter
- Linksys WMP54G PCI wireless card

It's completely fan-less and as quiet as the hard drive you put in it. I
am currently using it as an Xubuntu desktop for which, if I am honest,
it is slightly underpowered. However, I have used (and am currently
using) machines like this as servers and they are more than adequate for
home use (Samba, Web, mail, file) and offer the advantage of quietness
and not overheating the room they occupy.

It will take a slimline DVD if you want to fit one, although you will
need to purchase an adapter for that (a fiver from Lin-itx).

Note the hard drive shown in the photo is not offered as part of the deal.

I'm looking for £75 for it - contact me off-list if you are interested
please.

Sean