Re: [Hampshire] Gramofile

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gramofile

On Wed, 21 May 2008 15:21:48 +0100, Sean Gibbins <sean@???>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering if there are any gramofile users out there and if they
> have encountered and overcome the error '/dev/dsp: Invalid argument'
> that I get on all of the boxes I have tried it on?
>
> All of the research I have done to date suggests that something else is
> using it, but I failed to find out what.

If you're running Hardy, it's probably Pulseaudio. If the program isn't
capable of playing nicely with Pulseaudio, try "killall pulseaudio" then
running Gramofile again. It will probably work, but you might have killed
audio for other applications until you next login. :)

Really, you should check the bug reports and pester the gramofile devs to
make it play nicely.

Tony