Re: [Hampshire] OpenSSL in Debian is broken

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenSSL in Debian is broken

On Tue, 13 May 2008, Hugo Mills wrote:

> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 01:34:04PM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
>>    This is kind of related to my talk on Saturday, but is important in
>> its own right:

>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2008/msg00152.html

[SNIP]
> Sorry, forgot to mention -- this affects SSH, OpenVPN, DNSSEC and
> all X.509 certificates and sessions. It doesn't affect GPG keys,
> fortunately.

Quoting from the link above "This is a Debian-specific vulnerability which
does not affect other operating systems which are not based on Debian."

I assume this means that Ubuntu, Mepis and other Debian derivatives also
suffer the same issue? If so I hope they will be pushing through security
updates ASAP...

Andy