Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought

Author: m.nuttall
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought
Quoting Simon Reap <Simon.Reap@???>:

> On 09/05/08 09:55, Richard Setford said the following:
> > My Netgear DG834G has, for the last 10 days or so, been dropping
> > connection, wireless failing requiring a re-boot and general issues
> > with surfing the interweb.
> >
> > I'd all but given up on it (it's about three years old now and has
> > never been turned off) but I thought I'd try a firmware re-install. As
> > it happened, Netgear recently released an updated firmware which I
> > duly downloaded and applied. So far, since Saturday anyway, all has
> > been well and surfing/wireless is considerably more stable.
> Thanks for the heads up on the upgraded firmware - my dg834g did seem to
> hang last week, but sorted itself out again eventually. Maybe it's time
> to re-flash it.

Looks like we are all going to flashing our routers :)

Mine has been flakey recently although it seems to be more flakey since adding
a vista pc to the network. Maybe my netgear dg834 cant handle 2 pcs on at the
same time as well as it did for one. Theres also the possibility of the new
vista pc having gigabit ethernet rather than the 100/10 thats the main pc.

Martin N