Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought
On Fri, 9 May 2008 08:47:51 +0100
"Philip Stubbs" <philip@???> wrote:

> It seems that my old Netgear ADSL Modem/Router has given up the
> ghost. After a number of years service, with only the occasional
> need to be re-started, for the last day it seems unable to keep
> going for more than a couple of hours.
>
> My current router is http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/DM602.asp

I replaced the Netgear one I had (similar to the one you mention)
with a D-Link DSL-504T. Cannot remember the cost but it must have
been reasonable else I'd not have got it.

It has the advantage over the original netgear one of having 4
ethernet ports instead of just one.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid