Re: [Hampshire] Bournemouth to get broadband super highway

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Bournemouth to get broadband super highway
On Wed, 7 May 2008 20:14:34 +0100
Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:

> According to the news Bournemouth is to get 100mpbs broadband

I'll believe it when they actually offer a service to domestic
users.

I have just dumped cable TV from Virgin Media and installed a
satellite dish for 'free to air' TV. Virgin wanted to know why and in
the end said they couldn't offer any discounts on the TV services but
could make me a good offer for a broadband connection.

When I told him why I'd left NTL (they were unable to give me a good
connection due to poor original installation of the cable to the
roadside cabinets) he claimed Virgin were going to replace all old
fibre in the area.

I wonder if they are linking up with the 'fibre in sewer' Company as
the original installation involved digging up roads and I can't see
that happening again.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid