Re: [Hampshire] iPlayer Problems?

Top Page
Author: John Wesley
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] iPlayer Problems?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57fee100.hantslug.org.uk.30295': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Apr 27 13:31:32 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 7E5195A52B253F0C
Mark Johnson wrote:
>> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 19:35 +0100, Mark Johnson wrote:
>
>> What version of flash does firefox report in about:plugins?
>> Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124 is what I get.
>>

> I get the same.
>
>>> but for
>>> some reason I get an error saying "Something went wrong. There seems to
>>> be
>>> a problem playing this video - Please try again"
>> Isn't that an error reported by the flash media plugin itself? As in,
>> some problem with the RTSP stream rather than a general OS issue?
>>

> That's what I would have thought, but it works fine for my flat mates, and
> fine with my laptop on Windows.
>
>> Ahem..
>>
>> http://beebhack.bluwiki.com/#List_of_known_interoperable_scripts_.2F_programs
>>

> Either way, that link provides a more than suitable workaround. Thanks
> very much!
>
> Mark

Is this using Firefox 3 beta 5 (the Hardy default)? I've had problems
using flash videos in general with it. Try using Firefox 2 to see if
that improves things - which it did for me :)

ta

John