Re: [Hampshire] HP's answer to the eeepc

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP's answer to the eeepc
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:53:37 +0100
Stephen Davies <stephen.davies@???> wrote:

> /The 'Gadget Show' the other night suggested going to Tottenham
> Court Road for cheap laptops, etc. That is fine if you live in
> London but the cost of getting there from Bournemouth would add
> quite a lot to their prices./
>
> You could always try MegaBus or MegaTrain for cheapo journeys up to
> London from your part of the world
> http://www.megabus.com/uk/timetables/bournemouth_london_all.php

I admit I thought the train would cost a lot more than that site
suggests. £16 each way is not excessive and it only takes 2 hours to
Waterloo - mind you it only used to take that long in steam days so no
improvement there. It wouldn't be any quicker going by car and there
would be congestion/parking charges to add in.

Getting to the local station by bus is another matter, I'd have to
use the car for that to be certain of making the connections :(

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server