Re: [Hampshire] xenserver raid ???

Author: Isaac Close
To: Alan Pope, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] xenserver raid ???

Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote: On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 08:47:29PM +0100, Isaac Close wrote:
>    hi all,

>    Having a little difficulty getting xenserver to install on le shiney new
>    customer server.
>    The machine has 2 sata disks raid1 mirrored together, however, during
>    installation the software prompts that there is infact 2 seperate disk sda
>    & sdb.

Is it a cheap/cheerful server which doesn't in fact have a "proper" RAID
controller but has a fakeraid controller? What controller does it use?

If so I'd undo whatever config you have done and either invest in a proper
RAID card or (depending upon requirements) implement Linux Software RAID
(md).
wibble.

Yes i reckon your right, it is a FAKERAID type deal, and I found this :

http://kb.xensource.com/entry.jspa?externalID=352&categoryID=18

So am gonna play cheese and biscuits with 3 drives and hopefully have some cheddar left at the end of the day,

thanks for your comments guys,

Isaac Close

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Inbox.