[Hampshire] iPod Nano and Ubuntu

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] iPod Nano and Ubuntu
Hello LUGites,

Some weeks back in reply to the "Most Thankful for.." thread I
mentioned that one of the only reasons I boot into Windows XP is to
sync my iPod Nano now and again to suck up the latest podcasts.

I had one or two replies saying that syncing/ipod integration is
pretty well catered for in Ubuntu Linux. The last time I looked though
there were 3 or 4 choices of iPod software available and some of them
scared me with remarks about "changing the firmware or database such
that the iPod will not work with iTunes anymore".

So I'm looking for a recommended iTunes alternative in Ubuntu from you
guys in a wisdom-of-crowds sort of way :-)

Regards,
Imran

PS. I will be bringing my IPod and Laptop with me to this weeks meeting.