Re: [Hampshire] More fun with a SLUG (NSLU2)

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] More fun with a SLUG (NSLU2)
The reformatting thing is what I am trying to work around at the mo. Before
getting the SLUG to work on the network, I had already copied just about
every photo I could find onto it, so I would rather not have to do that
exercise again. Apparently there is a package for Windows that will allow it
to read ext3. But then I would have to install it on every PC I wanted to
connect the HD to, hence rendering it less than portable.

I'm have got as far as trying to upgrade the firmware to R63, but the SLUG
obviously wants to give me a bit more fun as it reports (after about
2-3minutes) that there is "no enough room". (That ISN'T My typo!!)

Next weekend I will try the inset re-set button and try again... If I can
get R63 working, hopefully it will support NTFS, and hopefully on both USB
slots.

Kelvin