Re: [Hampshire] More fun with a SLUG (NSLU2)

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] More fun with a SLUG (NSLU2)
Cayenne-uk wrote:
> I'm looking at my options right now. I favour Debian. I was hoping to
> get it set up how I wanted with the shipped firmware, and then upgrade
> to Debian later, but it looks like I will have to go straight to debs
> after all. My first question will be about it's NTFS support...
>
> Kelvin

Well, if you're unsure go for the new Linksys firmware first - the
instructions are very good and I recall reflashing to V2.4R63 from
Debian was pretty straightforward.

I don't write to NTFS from Linux so I can't really comment there but I
think my friend does it on a regular basis from his Ubuntu box and he is
pretty conservative in these matters, so it must be reasonably stable.

Sean