[Hampshire] Persuading a school to start using FOSS

Author: Craig
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Persuading a school to start using FOSS
Hello everyone,

I posted this in Ubuntu-UK and had a great response. Several people
pointed me towards you guys, so I thought I'd see what advice you could
give me.

I have been an Ubuntu user for not very long (since around October) and
have been amazed at the stability, compatibility and usability amongst
many other things. I think it really shows what a community can do if
they pull together - they can develop an operating system that (in my
biased opinion) is better than that of a multi-billion pound company.
        I am 13 and go to Court Moor School in Fleet. The school is very
keen on getting the latest technology - virtual learning environments,
computerised registration etc. Currently I am persuading various people
around the school to switch to ubuntu. I have found quite a few people
who would be interested in having someone who really knows what they're
talking about to show them some of the features and the security they
could use and some of the things included in edubuntu.
        Obviously this is still in early stages, I was just wondering if
this is something that anyone would possibly be interested in doing so I
could negotiate further. Otherwise, any ideas on ways to persuade a
school to switch to ubuntu? What I would really like to know is who I
really need to talk to - Head of ICT, technicians... and also some
information about what sort of things edubuntu has.

Craig.