Re: [Hampshire] Website Compatibility

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Website Compatibility
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:20:33 +0000
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 08:11:06PM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> > Fortunately it's much rarer to find a site that is designed with
> > such little knowledge or skill these days.
>
>    I remain convinced that some are designed with bloody-mindedness
> as well.

and I take the equally bloody minded view that if I cannot access a
website with opera or as a last resort iceweasel then I'll not bother
with the site. I can do this as I don't do online banking or
shopping (to any great extent). So far this attitude hasn't caused
me any real problems.

I get more problems with sites that use a lot of javascript as opera
doesn't seem to be compatible with some of this stuff and it is
then I have to resort to using iceweasel.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server