[Hampshire] ssh without password

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] ssh without password
Hi all

OK this is a bit of an old chestnut (and I've asked it before on this list) but I've come unstuck again with ssh - can anyone help?

I have two boxes (A=client and B=server) and I want to ssh from A to B to run a command and I want it to dispense with the formality of asking for a password / passphrase.

I've generated my keys on A and copied the public one over and appended it to authorized_keys2 on the B but still I'm being asked for a passphrase. I'm wrong somewhere - can't see where though. Is it permissions?

Cheers
Rob