Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meeting reminder: Saturday 8th March

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Dominic Cleal
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meeting reminder: Saturday 8th March

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5748d100.hantslug.org.uk.16224': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Mar 4 19:08:25 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Tuesday 04 Mar 2008, Dominic Cleal wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:19:51 +0000, Adam Trickett wrote:
> > I've given several talks to the Hants-LUG and would be happy to
> > repeat any of them for the Surrey LUG, indeed I already have repeated
> > my Perl Introduction talk.
>
> Thank you for your offer Adam. If you are able to give a talk at the
> next meeting I think everybody would appreciate it. I've copied this
> response to the Surrey list and will see if there are any preferences
> shown.

Okay, let me know, I'm off work this week so I can brush up any of the talks
for Saturday without a problem. Additionally the talks are all on the
Hants-LUG site as PDFs and videos if you want to preview them.

> > Introduction to udev
> > Introduction to the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
> > Achieving the Impossible with Perl
> > Desktop Adapted For Dad
> > DIY Web Design
>
> From this list, I think that the filesystem hierarchy talk would be a
> good one that's quite inclusive.

That's the oldest one I've given, so it would be good to check it and bring it
up to date.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I guess that, if you're in Microsoft's shoes, it makes sense. If you
can't write software or protocols that can stably walk and chew gum,
program in a limit that prevents the user from telling it to do so.
-- Jonathan Patschke, on limitations in Active Directory