Re: [Hampshire] Password Cracking

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Password Cracking
On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 03:18:20PM +0000, Tim wrote:

> A thorny subject I grant you but we have I have a problem. Sometime ago we
> stopped using a piece of software at work. But now they have just realised
> that there is some useful information in the database. The software licence
> has expired and software developers want silly money to extract the data. Now
> this is a Access database but the developers has password protected the
> database so we can't open it.

They want money to access _your_ data. Nice. Isn't the proprietary software
would a lovely place.

http://www.elcomsoft.com/acpr.html

"Advanced Access Password Recovery (or simply ACPR) could be used to recover
your lost password for Microsoft Access 95/97/2000/XP database. Unregistered
version shows only first three characters of the password. Besides,
registered version can remove the password from the database, and change it
to the one of your choice (for Access 95/97 only). Multilingual passwords
are supported. Full install/uninstall support. "

Cheers,
Al.