Re: [Hampshire] Printer recommendations sought

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Printer recommendations sought
On Monday 03 March 2008 13:37:29 James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> Don't forget to think about the whole life cost of the printer.
> Lower price printers tend to have more expensive ink resulting in more
> cost over the year.
> I have seen an ink jet printer only able to print 15 pages of colour
> per cartridge, so these turn out to cost about £1 a sheet!!!
>
> So, I normally only use Laser printers, and not inkjet ones.
>
> James

There is another alternative. Continuous ink printers. The ink is very cheap
for these. I have a friend who brought one 2 years ago and it is still going
strong. The ink is very cheap and is of good quality. I can find out the
supplier he uses as well as his costs if there is interest.

Examples of what is out there
http://www.continuous-ink-systems.co.uk/
http://www.9to6.co.uk/productinfo01.asp?action=inksystem

John Eayrs