Re: [Hampshire] Debian Slug

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Slug
Alex Phillips wrote:
> On 7/13/07, Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
>> Yep my Linksys NSLU2 arrived in the post today and was transformed into
>> a beautiful Debian Slug!
>>
>> SNIP !
>
>> Sean
>>

> Just a quick Thank you to Sean, I had been planning for some time to
> setup an old box as a file server on my network, but the Slug is
> ideal. Mine arrived on Monday, and now it's happily installed and
> serving out my videos/pictures/MP3s.

The slugs are taking over! They are aiming to achieve dominance by 3007,
because they are quite slow after all. When they reach critical mass
they are going to federate into a BFO Beowulf cluster and rule the
world, so be warned.

> One thing Sean, mine says its 266Mhz, it's a TurboSlug :)

I think they all are now. Previously you had to do a hardware hack to
unlock them. If you're game for that sort of thing you can increase the
memory by tacking chips of RAM and soldering them in place of the
existing ones. Giving me a soldering iron is like giving a monkey a box
of live grenades so I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon!

> A quick thanks also to Steve, Just an apt-get install gnump3d, a quick
> edit of /etc/gnump3d/gnump3d.conf to point at my music directory, and
> it "just works"

Agreed. Nice one Steve.

Sean