Re: [Hampshire] GPS for walking that talks to Linux

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GPS for walking that talks to Linux
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:00:50 +0100
Tony Smith <tony.smith@???> wrote:

> On Thursday 12 July 2007 14:45:36 john lewis wrote:

> No I didn't!!

I realised I'd snipped wrongly after I'd clicked on send :(

> Anyway, anyone who relies on one method of position location whilst
> on the hills deserves to walk over a cliff. Never forget your
> traditional map and compass work.

True! I am unlikely to go hill walking again, just climbing stairs
gets me out of breath, so am very unlikely to be using one of these
devices to guide my way.

I much prefer using a map for route finding and have a still growing
collection of OS and Michelin maps. they haven't taken me up any
dead-end roads so far :)

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package