Re: [Hampshire] Linux CCTV

Author: Dean Earley
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux CCTV
Peter Salisbury wrote:
> At my previous church we had two CCTV camera with Zone Minder using
> some cheap capture cards. The frame rate was a very useful 25fps with
> one camera but dropped to a clunky 7fps with two cameras due to
> switching overheads in the (single chip) card. It turned out it was
> far cheaper to get two 'virtual 4 channel' (one chip) cards than to
> get a single 'genuine 4 channel' (4 chip) card.

A lot of these cards are not really designed to be switched and so lack
some of the circuitry to keep a stable image, hence the delay when it
settles.
We use the Euresys Junior 4 cards at work and swear by them (although I
prefer the Axis IP kit :)

As for software, I'm slightly biased, being the main developer for a
commercial windows based CCTV system :)

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@???)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/