Re: [Hampshire] Linux CCTV

Top Page
Author: Dave Walker
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux CCTV

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57a70100.hantslug.org.uk.12792': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jul 11 17:10:11 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 09D38B17936ADE15
On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 16:40 +0100, Damian Brasher wrote:
> Philip Stubbs wrote:

<snip>
> I wondered about that for a simple indoors usb webcam - however the camera
> from Wickes is water proof, has a very long cable and a built in motion
> sensor. It may help to use both, I'll try.

<snip>

The Scart standard has a switching option that is normally used to
communicate between devices that the feed is live. For example,
auto-recording or turning a tv channel to scart when 'play' is pressed.

This is likely linked to the movement sensor; this could only really be
useful if you linked it up to the serial/parallel port to monitor
movement. At this point the project begins to become more complicated;
and would therefore recommend an application (ie Zoneminder) to detect
movement and perform recording.

Installation did cause a few minor hassles, but it's certainly not
impossible. It is also now in Ubuntu Gutsy and Debian 'unstable'
repositories; and the site offers some download distribution / live cds.
If that makes things any easier.