Re: [Hampshire] Doctype Declarations in PHP DOM

Author: Mark Johnson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Doctype Declarations in PHP DOM
On Saturday 07 July 2007 20:36:28 Daniel Pope wrote:
> Mark Johnson wrote:
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to define which DTD the DOM should use,
> > so that it's output with the saveHTML() or saveXML() methods?
>
> I don't know for certain, but I'd guess... yes? You know, it occurs to me
> that maybe someone should write, like, documentation for this API stuff.

> You know, I'm going to patent this "online documentation" idea. It'll make
> me a fortune. I should just do a quick search to check there's no prior
> art.
>
> * 4 seconds of intensive Googling later *
>
> Nah, somebody's already come up with (or stolen) my idea. These bastards,
> for example:
>
> http://php.net/dom#dom.class.domdocumenttype
>
> Pants.
>
> Dan

Wow, thanks Dan! Never having used PHP before, I was completely unaware
that it was documented, or that there were any websites relating to it in
existence. </sarcasm>

Perhaps a more useful response would have assumed that I've already found
that page, and pointed me to the section of it that I've clearly been
overlooking until now, otherwise I wouldn't be posting to the list in the
first place.

Cheers,
Mark