[Hampshire] [OT] Software for Mac OS X

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Software for Mac OS X
My brother has just bought himself a MacBook. Most of the time he
will simply be using the Internet and iTunes, but there are a few
programs that he needs.

I suggested that he use OpenOffice instead of MS Office. It appears
that there are two versions for OS X, one that uses X11 and one that
uses Aqua. Does anybody have any suggestions as to which one I
recommend he install?

Secondly, he has one Windows program that he really wants to be able
to run. I have managed to run the same windows program under wine on
Linux. What would people recommend as the best way to get a windows
application running under OS X? Wine, Boot-camp or Virtual Box?

Sorry for being so OT.

--
Philip Stubbs
http://www.stuphi.co.uk