Re: [Hampshire] [OT] IPCop replacement ... comments?

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] IPCop replacement ... comments?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57712100.hantslug.org.uk.10851': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jul 4 15:12:15 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 01:12:43PM +0100, Victor Churchill wrote:
> Googling around I was tempted by this little number which seems to do
> the business and includes a networked HDD as well, and gets a glowing
> review ...
>
> http://www.aria.co.uk/VendorStores/+Freecom+400Gb+FSG-3+WLAN+System?productId=24198#rqc

> Therefore looking to replace the IPCop, hub and wireless AP with the
> Freecom box.
> Wondered if anybody had any experience of this item in such an arrangement?

I don't have any experience of the device myself. However, one of
my friends has a very similar-looking box from Freecom that operates
as a media server/player, and they're very happy with that (to the
extent that I'm considering getting one myself).

Not much of a recommendation, as it's for a different product, but
at least Freecom _is_ capable of making good kit in that form factor.

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
     --- Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence; three times ---
                            is enemy action.