[Hampshire] Free toot!

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Dorset Linux Users Group, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Free toot!
Hi All,

I am having a clearout of all the toot in my loft and have come across a
few bits I am reluctant to bin, namely:
- a dial-up modem (non-winmodem - works with Linux IIRC)
- Altec Lansing speakers (2 sats and a bass bin) [1]
- Black Widow USB scanner [2]
- Soltek ADSL router [3]

Not exactly hot items, granted, but if they are of some use to someone
they are welcome to them, or else I am afraid I will be dumping them due
to severe space limitations here. :o(

The 'buyer' will need to collect from Hordle near Lymington, Hants, as I
cannot deliver or post these items.

Please respond off-list if you are interested.

Sean

[1] works but needs attention as some wiggling of plugs is required - I
don't have room for the bass unit anymore and therefore can't afford the
time to fix the problem
[2] think you will be lucky to get this working with Linux, but works
with Windows, not very high res tho.
[3] this was flaky with 'MAX' for me, but fine with regular adsl