Re: [Hampshire] mmv & wildcard expansion in bash

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] mmv & wildcard expansion in bash
On Monday 18 Jun 2007, john lewis wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:42:31 +0100
>
> john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:
> > duh! installing digikam would require me to install 62 other kde
> > bits and pieces which explains why it isn't on my system. My
> > spare system, based on the Sidux distro, has kde installed so
> > could plug the card reader into that box and copy the processed
> > files back to my main system afterwards (or even put all images
> > onto my 'server' box instead)
>
> digikam does all you say it does :)
>
> I moved the card reader over to the Sidux box and told kde to use
> digikam to process any files from the reader. I had some images on
> the card that was in the camera which I hadn't deleted so was able
> to rotate, 'batch rename' and save them into a dated folder which
> is about all I need to do most of the time.
>
> Don't think I will put it onto my main system though as this box is
> mostly free of anything kde or gnome related.

Glad it does the job for you - I've been very impressed with the
progress digikam's made over the past year or so. It's now pretty AND
useful - nice combination!

I gave up on trying to keep my system KDE and Gnome free a while back.
It took a lot of packages to install all the support infrastructure
but in the end not too much actual disk space. It certainly opens up
the list of available applications massively.

ATB, Peter