[Hampshire] Lack of Swap - XP Blues

Author: Keith McKenzie
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Lack of Swap - XP Blues
Hi All,
            I'm new to the list - looks interesting.....

Maybe this has been said before, but reading a recent posting about a lack
of swap space (Philip Stubbs) - I would just like to remind you that you can
always 'create a swap file' if you don't have a spare partition to use.

Reading a posting further on - dead machine (Chris Aubrey-Smith) - it sounds
like you have just got the 'XP blues' - have you changed 5 items on this
machine since XP was installed - my bet is that you have. MS locks the boot
sector somehow, you can't even copy a new boot sector into it from their
installation cd in repair mode !
(If you copied the original boot sector via *nix, it might be reusable, I
didn't.)

All the best,
Keith