Re: [Hampshire] MP3/Ogg Players

Author: Mike Dwerryhouse
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] MP3/Ogg Players
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> They are pretty crap, as is iAudio support in the UK.
>
> My x5 hard drive went crunch-crunch within warranty recently and had to
> and the 28 Business Day turnaround stretched out to 40 or so with lost
> emails complicating the return of the unit, which arrived yesterday.
>
> Shame really, because as an mp3/ogg player it is pretty good. To get
> around the power/USB connector issue I bought the cradle for a tenner,
> which incorporates both.
>
> Sean

I was planning on getting an X5 due to its ogg support, and the fact
that the spec
actually saysthat it works with Linux. However, this may push me back to
my second
option which is iPod + Rockbox, now that Rockbox works with the latest
iPod Video.

Even if I bought an X5 from somewhere more reliable, it would still have
to be
returned to the US if it stopped working.

MikeD