Re: [Hampshire] Re: FreeView box suggestions

Author: m.nuttall
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: FreeView box suggestions
Quoting Bob Dunlop <bob.dunlop@???>:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 08 at 08:21, m.nuttall@??? wrote:
> > Since the freeview radio is of better quality than dab I am considering
> buying
> > one for radio stations. Can anyone comment on the sound quality of a
> freeview box?
>
> Our Sony DVB-T has a digital audio out (which was a little uncommon at the
> time and one of the reasons we brought it). Fed direct into a digital amp
> Radios 1-4 sound identical to FM broadcasts received directly by the AMP.
> The analog sound output (on SCART) sounds a little tinier to me.

What price was it?
as i dont really want to buy a freeview box with a hd in it which i wont use
(just radio into my separates).

Is it a optical out or elevtrical(coaxial) output?

> DAB the few time I've heard is awful, but it's always been on those
> horrible retro sets.

It is awful nowadays that bbc have reduced moost of their stations to 128kbps
from the original 192 to fit more stations in :( Bizarrrley freeview radio is at
192 though.

> I have FM in my office, feeding a couple of refurbished HB1s.

Nice, I have a sansui tu9900 fm tuner piped into some celestion speakers.

Martin N