Re: [Hampshire] Teach-In

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Teach-In

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Adam Trickett wrote:

> It was advertised on the London.pm list a few weeks ago, before the LUG date
> was official. All 50 places went within 24 hours,

That would certainly explain why I'd not heard about it.

> Tea/coffee is really useful. The free lunch, which was both restrained and
> healthy was great, t-shirts and pens was just because the BBC has boxes of
> them, and I don't think they care what happens to them... It would be nice to
> have someone pay for the food though.

Yes, if sponsorship covered the cost of providing food that would
certainly be helpful.

> I raised the topic now because that gives us a chance to talk it through on
> the LUG, and gives us enough time to organise it for this winter - should we
> go for it.

I'd agree that arranging something a decent way in advance is probably key
to an event like this.

> Any how it's food for thought.

Certainly and if there is a resounding and enthusiastic response from the
list and you push ahead with the project I'd be happy to contribute in a
small way, though I admit I have neither the free time or enthusiasm to
put lots of effort into it.

Andy