Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing
On Wed, 30 May 2007 11:40:09 +0100
Peter Salisbury <peterthevicar@???> wrote:

> The TiddlySaver Java applet allows TiddlyWiki from a file:// URL to
> save changes Safari, Opera and other browsers.
>
> It is a small file named "TiddlySaver.jar" that must be placed in
> the same directory as your TiddlyWiki file. Before you can use it,
> you need to give it the necessary privileges by editting
> your .java.policy file.

I got the TiddlySaver.jar file some time back and created
the .java.policy file as follows

grant codeBase "file:${~}/home/jayell/Notes/*"
{
permission java.io.FilePermission "${~}${/}jayell${/}Notes${/}*",
"read,write$
};

but don't think I have the syntax correct as Opera still says:-

"It's not possible to save changes. This could be because your
browser doesn't support saving (instead, use FireFox if you can), or
because the pathname to your TiddlyWiki file contains illegal
characters"

> Note that there is currently a bug that prevents TiddlySaver from
> working if you have specified a backup directory in AdvancedOptions.

I'm also not sure what this refers to, Advanced Options of what??

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package