[Hampshire] Problems streaming NASA TV

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Problems streaming NASA TV
Hi all

I know this is a bit of an old chestnut, but it's resurfaced again and I can't fix it despite hours of fiddling.

Problem: I can't watch NASA TV (www.nasa.gov) and follow links to watch NASA TV. I get a blank area inside another window which opens. This is on Ubuntu 7.04 with (AFAIK) all codecs installed as well as realplayer 10. None of the other options like watch using Real, or QT work for me either.

It works in Windows (and interestingly seems to call up Windows media player) but at the moment, I have no sound in Windows - though that's another story.

Sorry if I've asked this before (I even consulted the hantslug archives!) but can't find a solution.

Cheers
Rob