Re: [Hampshire] Vonage experience anybody?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Vonage experience anybody?
> Does anybody have any experience with using the Vonage service:
>
>     http://www.vonage.co.uk/

I've not used them - I looked through their offerings, and decided I
didn't want to get tied up in that...

> He's looking for an idiot proof method of using VOIP

http://www.sipgate.co.uk

Registration is free, incoming calls are free, PSTN numbers are free.

Outgoing calls to sipgate numbers or certain other VoIP networks are free.

Other outgoing calls are generally cheap (I did about an hour on the phone
to my brother in Australia for less than £1.20).

> and doesn't mind
> paying a little extra if it means he doesn't have to mess with a computer
> to get things working.

I've got a Grandstream GXP2000 on my desk, which is just a phone by
anyone's reckoning. There are other nice toys you can get (e.g. a
combination DECT/SIP phone), but then you're looking at spending dosh. Or
there's a PC-based softphone - I've used linphone and Xlite, both of which
just seem to work.

Vic.